The Century America Project is made possible by:
We would like to thank both COPLAC and The Teagle Foundation for their generous sponsorship of this project. Without these organizations, Century America could not have happened, and we would not have had such a wonderful opportunity to make a contribution to history.
Dr. Jeffrey McClurken of the University of Mary Washington and Dr. Ellen Holmes Pearson of the University of North Carolina Asheville, without whose leadership we would have been uncomfortable and paralyzed.
The following colleges and universities: the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, University of Montevallo, Eastern Connecticut State University, Southern Utah University, University of Wisconsin-Superior, University of Mary Washington, Shepherd University, Truman State University, and University of Maine at Farmington.
A host of local archives, historical societies, university librarians and archivists, and other resources, credited on each individual school’s Century America site.
Banner Image Bibliography
1. “Campus buildings,” Still image, ca. 1948, Sherrat Library, Southern Utah University, Cedar City, http://contentdm.li.suu.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/BAC_Photos/id/300/rec/14 (accessed March 20, 2014).
2. “Normal School exterior (color),” ca. 1910, Postcard Collection, Eastern Connecticut State University Archives, Willimantic, http://www.easternct.edu/smithlibrary/depts/archives/collections/postcards/Postcard_NS%5B1905%5D.pdf (accessed March 29, 2014).
3. “University of Montevallo Gate Construction,” ca. 1970, in Montage (Montevallo, AL: University of Montevallo, 1970), Courtesy of the University of Montevallo Photo Lab and the Annie Crawford Milner Archives and Special Collections, Carmichael Library, University of Montevallo.
4. Emma E. Dewey, “Class Trip,” 1915, Freel Library, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, North Adams.
5. Lucy Sparrow, “Murdock Hall,” 1910, Freel Library, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, North Adams.
6. “Aerial Views of Campus Gallery—Historic Tour of Shepherd University’s Gallery,” Aerial Views of Campus Gallery—Historic Tour of Shepherd University’s Gallery, n.d., Shepherd University Archives, Shepherdstown, West Virginia.
7. “Urbane F. Bass M.D.,” 1918, History of Medicine, National Library of Medicine, http://ihm.nlm.nih.gov/luna/servlet/detail/NLMNLM~1~1~101410051~169429:-Urbane-F–Bass,-M-D–?qvq=w4s:/what/Portraits;lc:NLMNLM~1~1&mi=24069&trs=25653 (accessed February 9, 2014).
8. “View of Fredericksburg from the School,” State Summer School and School of Elementary Methods, June – July 1914, front matter, Special Collections and University Archives, Simpson Library, University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg, Virginia. https://archive.org/stream/statesummerschoo1914univ#page/n3/mode/2up (accessed March 29, 2014).
9. “Farmington State Normal School Girls at Railroad Sign,” ca. 1914, Miscellaneous Photos, Box 7E, Mantid Library Archives, University of Maine at Farmington.